Reconciling and ending legal separation

Provided both spouses agree, a legal separation can be undone. If the legal separation has already been approved by the court, and both spouses wish to reconcile and revive the marriage without having to formally remarry, then a Motion to Vacate Decree of Legal Separation can be filled. Once the court approves same, it is as if the legal separation never occurred.

If the legal separation case is only pending with the court, and the court had not yet approved the legal separation, the spouses can request that the case be dismissed. Since the court never granted the legal separation in Washington State, it would be as if the legal filing never occurred.

Posted in

Related Posts

LegalAtoms launches video call feature

Video conferencing

How Coronavirus can impact your divorce in Washington State