Recently updated on April 9th, 2024 at 12:38 am

Prepare your Court Forms Online for Restraining Orders in Pennsylvania

This website helps victims learn about the types and then create official court forms required for getting a restraining order in Pennsylvania.

create court forms for restraining orders online



1. Take Screening

Start with an online screening tool to help you decide which restraining order fits your situation the best.


2. Prepare Documents

Instead of looking at the legal forms themselves, you will be guided thorough a series of detailed questionnaires. These will gather the necessary information topic by topic. The questions are in plain and non-legal language. To make this process as simple as possible, our system will then generate the official court forms with your responses printed on them.


3. Consult Advocate (Optional)

You can consult a victim advocate or pro bono (free) lawyer to get guidance on restraining orders.  These resources are paid for typically by government and can help you review your case documents, and talk to you directly to discuss your case and safety planning. 


4. File with the Clerk

You can formally begin the case by filing with your local court.  You will be informed about which specific court you need to file at as its important to go to one that has jurisdiction over your case. You can file by either printing and visiting the clerk's office at the court or in many locations online directly from this website. 



Protection from Abuse

This protection order is for victims of domestic violence or abused by a family member, current or former sexual partner or current or former spouse. It can prohibit the abuser from having contact with, harassing, abusing, stalking or communicating with the victim. PFAs do not require the abuser to stay away a certain distance of another person, as restraining orders do in other states. (Title 23, Chapter 61, Section 6101 et seq)  


Sexual Violence Protection Order

Sexual Violence Protection Order (SVPO) is a restraining order designed to protect victims of sexual violence from further abuse by their abuser who is neither their intimate partner nor family member.  SVPO can be filed independent of a criminal case.  (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, Title 42, Chapter 62A, Section 62A01 et seq)


More details coming soon


Protection From Intimidation

An adult (parent/guardian) can file a Protection From Intimidation (PFI)  for a minor for harassment and stalking by an adult abuser who is neither an intimate relationship nor a family member  PFIs cannot be granted in cases involving two minors, two adults, or where a minor is harassing or stalking an adult. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, Title 42, Chapter 62A, Section 62A01 et seq.)

More details coming soon




You can explore legal options for getting a protection order while maintaining your complete privacy.  Nothing is shared with the government unless you share or submit.



Learn about free community and pro bono resources. Connect with them and share your case data with a few clicks.



Covers all common situations such as those involving minors, or firearms, or others permitted by the Washington State law, thereby saving you time. 


Forms Selection

Correct form, and the most updated versions are automatically selected based on your situation. 


Automated Checks

Run automated checks to verify correctness of your responses and to avoid mistakes that may cause delays in securing a protection order.



All questions are presented in plain non-legal language. Difficult concepts are broken down into simpler steps. 



Legal Information

The legal information contained here does not constitute legal advice or substitute for legal advice.



This website provides services to prepare cases across Pennsylvania i.e. across all counties as they share the same state-wide law.  It also has county specific slight changes such as additional court forms required.  


This contact form is for technical support questions only. For non-technical questions please contact the victim advocates at the telephone numbers listed at the bottom of this page.