Skip to content

Serving the temporary order to the other party

About The Author

Recently updated on April 9th, 2024 at 12:22 am

When a court issues a temporary order the next step is to serve it to the other party to inform them that a court order has been issued against them, and about the upcoming hearing.

Typically, the Clerk‘s office will send all protection order documents to the designated law enforcement agency for entry into the Washington Crime Information Center (WACIC) database and to the designated law enforcement agency for service.

These documents are sent to law enforcement on or before the next business day from the date of the court order.


Documents issued to the petitioner

  1. Certified copies of the signed order(s) by the Court
  2. 9-1-1 Service Packet that includes all the protection order documents needed for service. If your protection order was denied/dismissed, there may not be a service packet included with this email.


9-1-1 Service Packet

  • This is provided usually when the protection order has been temporarily granted by the court and/or service needs to happen.
  • The 9-1-1 service packet includes the protection order documents that can be used to serve the other party if any of the following situations below apply to you:
    • If you call 9-1-1 due to a violation of your protection order and the respondent has not been served, you can provide the documents in the 9-1-1 service packet to law enforcement for them to serve the other party.
    • If you are making private arrangements to ask a third party (a person over 18, who is not a party to the case) to serve the copies of court documents. The server must fully complete and file the Proof of Service form with our office.



Related Posts


How do I file and get a restraining order online in California for free

Domestic Violence Protection Order (DVPO) in Tacoma and Pierce County in Washington

Domestic Violence Protection Order (DVPO) at the Spokane County in Washington

Scroll To Top