Durg Courts Case Management System
Case Level Features
LegalAtoms provides a calendar solution that serves the court officials, the public, and the is connected with the case specific logic
Overlay multiple calendars
Ability to have a unified calendar view consisting of overlay of individual professional calendars with some visual indicator of each conflict
A clerk may want to see calendars to other team members just like in Google calendars you can share your calendar with other
The hearings can be organized by the clerk in any order. The clerk can choose to keep any field or information private from public view
Publish Court Calendar
Have a public view of the calendar
- Enable/disable public view of the calendar
- Petitioner name
- Respondent name
- Cause #
- Case Type
The court calendar is organized into a series of sessions. Each court session then has a series of hearings
A clerk can efficiently assign personnel and resources to session. For example the clerk can assign or update
- Interpreters, bailiffs
- Presiding officials
- Court reporters
Provide a view of session so that all the defendants participating in that session can be seen easily (Maybe use a table so all defendants appear in a column)
When a clerk is adding a person to a session, and that person has a conflict on their calendar then Prompt for override when making such appointments
Search within a calendar
In calendar search results allow these fields to be optionally included or dropped (e.g. time, case title, case number, case status, hearing type, party names, attorney names, party information (e.g. bond status, key party flags, etc.))
Connect with Outlook or Google Calendar
LegalAtoms allow you to sync your existing calendar with LegalAtoms so new sessions can be setup and hearings can be setup without creating conflicts.
So different members of the court can maintain their primary calendars as they were and still be calendar wise fully connected with LegalAtoms
Payments and Accounting
LegalAtoms offers courts a comprehensive and extensible payments solution to manage general accounts, trust accounts, payment plans, bails and forfeitures all integrated with the Case Management System
Fees, Fines and any kind of charge
- Clerks can provide a fee schedule for each case type (e.g. based on statutory requirements) and service so the correct fees are charged for each filing type
- LegalAtoms provides a "Shopping Cart" like mechanism for end users to pay for multiple fees or charges e.g. certified copies, filing fees, or fines with a single transaction
- There are extensibility points to interface with a court's other vendors handling payments receipts and payments.
- LegalAtoms provides fee payments to be automatically calculated and processed at the end of the business day for governmental end users who currently utilize vouchers
- Refunds are supported.
- Discount codes can be provided
- Established workflow for processing IFP waivers
Credit, Debit, Checks, Paypal, Venmo and Bond
Courts can increase payments collected by offering relevant payment methods to your customers who are now using a range of new payment methods besides just a credit or debit card.
- Credit Cards: Visa , Mastercard , American Express , Discover & Diners
- Bank Transfers (ACH), Wires and Debit Cards
- Digital Wallets: Venmo, Paypal, Google Pay, Microsoft Pay
- Checks: Accept and pay via checks including: issue, print, reprint, void and escheat checks. Checks can be deposited by mail. Your customer uses the LegalAtoms-provided invoice number and PO box address and the payments will appear on your screens.
- Pay in installments: Offer clients to pay their fines in installments. Each installment is managed in a friendly way with reminders for all parties, and handling of missed payments.
- Pay in advance: Client makes a payment of type "advanced" to a clerk account. Later when the clerk creates a charge, LegalAtoms check if there's a credit balance for the client or their lawyer, prompts for confirmation and automatically applies the credit balance
- Lawyer can pay: A lawyer or party designated by the clerk can make payments on behalf of the client
LegalAtoms allows for external to parties and departments involved
- Ability to add rules to update payment plan status for a given case in response to certain actions on that case e.g. case is dismissed
- LegalAtoms additionally sends verification email to all provided email addresses and wait for verification before sending anything else to that email address.
Bail and Bonds
LegalAtoms offers complete managing of bail bonds
- Track the amount of surety bonds
- Track the status of bail bonding companies
- Automatically update bail with case incidents e.g.
- Close out a previous bond when a second bond has been initiated on the same case (i.e. Disposed/No Forfeiture)
- Manage a bond
- Record a bond including personal bond
- Assess fees
LegalAtoms offers Trust accounts for your clients
An account in trust or trust account refers to any type of financial account that is opened by an individual and managed by a designated trustee for the benefit of a third party per agreed-upon terms.
LegalAtoms has built in smart technology e.g.
- Autodetect and trigger alerts when a minor on the trust account becomes an adult
- Ability to filter accounts by this field values
Views, Reports and Automated Rules
A clerk, financial bookkeeper or any member of the court staff with proper permissions setup will have ability to generate reports for viewing, printing and sharing.
Examples of reports: View cases with
- Credit balance
- Payments overdue and the amounts
Convenience features include
- Ability to filter, sort and group by virtually any field on the case e.g. payment type is a bond
- Generate notices in bulk for the selected cases
Different levels of access
LegalAtoms provides multiple roles to allow for efficient operation of different teams within a court, while still keeping maximum confidentiality.
Different users can also access the case without viewing all aspects of the case.
Waivers, Credits and Refunds
Legalatoms allows clerks to setup standard credits which can be triggered by certain financial calculations. Alternatively clerks can provide ad hoc credits
- Waivers: Setup automated criteria for In Forma Pauperis (IFP) waiver. Allow self-represented litigants to submit filing and IFP waiver without paying fee upfront. Routing IFP waiver to correct judicial officer for approval or rejection of waiver
- Credits: Issues credits based on community service, time served in prison or based on other factors
- Refunds: For refunds assign disbursement priority: This basically means which refunds are processed first. Court staff members can override priority of disbursements
Connect with Accounting Software
LegalAtoms offers some basic accounting and ability to export data so you can connect it with your primary accounting software
- Ability to track daily transactions with payment details
- Automatically routes all submitted documents in the file to the correct queue for verification and acceptance
- LegalAtoms provides convenient data import and export features using open secure formats such as OFX, and CSV